Home Owner Contact InformationSend us your updated contact information to schedule warranty/inspection appointments either ONLINE, or by completing this PDF and mailing it to us.
Emergency Contact InformationHomeowners should not undertake any work without giving Sunlight Heritage Homes the opportunity to assess the problem and take corrective measures. Homeowners will not automatically receive reimbursement from Sunlight Heritage Homes or Tarion, and completing the work may effect warranty coverage.
Pre Delivery Inspection InformationLearning how the systems in your home operate is one of the key benefits of the Pre-Delivery Inspection. The systems in your home include heating, ventilation, electrical and plumbing. The information that follows will assist you in learning more about these systems.
Warranty Service Program
One Year Warranty
1 Year Warranty Form Your home's statutory one year warranty coverage begins on the date you take possession of the home and ends on the day before the first anniversary of this date.
For example, if your home's date of possession is October 23, 2014, the one year warranty begins on October 23, 2014 and ends on October 22, 2015.
The one year warranty is provided by your builder and it requires that the home be:
- Constructed in a workmanlike manner and free from defects in material
- Fit for habitation
- Constructed in accordance with the Ontario Building Code; and
- Free of major structural defects.
Two Year Warranty
2 Year Warranty Form Your home's two year statutory warranty coverage begins on the date you take possession of the home and ends on the day before the second anniversary of this date.
For example, if your home's date of possession is October 23, 2014, the two year warranty begins on October 23, 2014 and ends on October 22, 2016.
The two year warranty is provided by your builder and covers:
- Water penetration through the basement or foundation walls
- Defects in materials, including windows, doors and caulking, or defects in work that result in water penetration into the building envelope
- Defects in work or materials in the electrical, plumbing and heating delivery and distribution systems
- Defects in work or materials which result in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding (such as brickwork, aluminum or vinyl siding)
- Violations of the Ontario Building Code affecting health and safety (including, but not limited to, violations relating to fire safety and the structural adequacy of the home); and
- Major structural defects. (Major structural defects are specifically defined in the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act and discussed in more detail in the Seven Year Warranty section below.)
Seven Year Warranty
Your home's seven year warranty covers major structural defects (MSD) and begins on the date you take possession of the home and ends on the day before the seventh anniversary of that date.
For example, if your home's date of possession is October 23, 2014, the seven year MSD warranty begins on October 23, 2014 and remains in effect until and including October 22, 2021.
A major structural defect is defined in the The Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act as:
In respect of a post June 30, 2012 home, any defect in work or materials in respect of a building, including a crack, distortion or displacement of a structural load-bearing element of the building, if it,
- results in failure of a structural load-bearing element of the building,
- materially and adversely affects the ability of a structural load-bearing element of the building to carry, bear and resist applicable structural loads for the usual and ordinary service life of the element, or
- materially and adversely affects the use of a significant portion of the building for usual and ordinary purposes of a residential dwelling and having regard to any specific use provisions set out in the purchase agreement for the home
The seven year MSD warranty includes significant damage due to soil movement*, major cracks in basement walls, collapse or serious distortion of joints or roof structure and chemical failure of materials.
In addition to the general exclusions, the seven year MSD warranty specifically excludes: dampness not arising from failure of a load-bearing portion of the building; damage to drains or services; and damage to finishes.
Your Homes Statutory Warranty - What's Excluded
Knowing what's not covered under warranty is just as important as knowing what is. In order to avoid potential misunderstandings or disappointment, both builders and homeowners should educate themselves about what's not covered under the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act. Knowing what's not covered should also help homeowners protect their warranty by ensuring that they are properly maintaining their home.
The following conditions and/or items are not covered by the statutory warranty:
- Damage resulting from improper maintenance, such as dampness or condensation caused by the homeowner's failure to maintain proper ventilation levels or improper operation of a humidifier, hot tub or any other moisture-producing device.
- Alterations, deletions or additions made by the homeowner (such as changes to the directionof the grading or the slope of the ground away from the house).
- Defects in materials, design and work supplied or installed by the homeowner/purchaser.
- Secondary damage caused by defects under warranty. While the defects themselves arecovered, the personal or property damage they cause is not. However, your homeowner insurance may cover secondary damage.
- Normal wear and tear, such as scuffs and scratches to floor and wall surfaces caused by homeowners moving, decorating, and/or day-to-day use of the home.
- Normal shrinkage of materials that dry out after construction (such as nail "pops" or minor concrete cracking).
- Settling soil around the house or along utility lines.
- Damage from floods, "acts of God", wars, riots, or vandalism.
- Damage from insects or rodents, unless it is the result of construction that does not meet the Ontario Building Code.
- Damage caused by municipal services or other utilities.
- Surface defects in work and materials noted and accepted in writing by the homeowner at the time of possession.
- Damage caused by the homeowner or visitors.
- Contractual warranties which lie outside the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act. You may have recourse for these warranties under your purchase agreement.
Controlling Humidity in Your New HomeA dehumidifier MUST be used in the basement during the first spring & summer after moving in. Building materials dry out during the first year after a home is completed. As a result, your home will experience excessive amounts of humidity. It is critical that you control the amount of humidity during the first 12 months in your new home.
Understanding Your New Home and What You Should KnowFrom warranty coverage, service procedures to sealants and settlement, you'll find it all here.
JELD WEN United Window® Collection Limited Warranty
JELD-WEN® Products are designed to create lasting value for your home. This warranty is effective for all JELD-WEN United Collection Products manufactured on or after July 1, 2010 for use in Canada and the United States. Any previous warranties will continue to apply to products manufactured by JELD-WEN prior to this date.
For additional information, including care and maintenance instructions and installation instructions, refer to www.jeld-wen.ca
At OWENS CORNING, we believe we manufacture the highest quality and most attractive shingles available anywhere, and that is why we stand behind them with one of the best warranties in the industry.
For additional information, refer to www.roofing.owenscorning.com
CW Kitchens Inc, a company founded over 30 years ago began with Carlos Ribeiro’s passion for quality craftsmanship. Before starting a cabinetry business in 1986, Ribeiro began with creating one of a kind furniture pieces for friends and family. For additional information, please visit their website: www.cwkitchens.com
Your satisfaction is our top priority. Our team is eager to provide you with quality service and maintenance for all of your heating and cooling needs. Priority Mechanical has fostered continuous growth reflecting our reliable reputation for excellence.
Garage Door (Garaga Doors)