New Homes Drayton - Phase 2 | Features
ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES
New homes are much more efficient than older, “used” homes. In fact, you can save thousands of dollars on your energy bills over the life of your home and enjoy a quieter more comfortable home. The ENERGUIDE rating, as calculated by the Ontario Building Code, of a new home is significantly better (and therefore more energy efficient) than a used home. Superior energy efficiency is an idea we are committed to.
A Sunlight Heritage Home is built with a better ENERGUIDE index than the average new home built to code by exceeding minimum building requirements.
7-YEAR INSURED STRUCTURAL WARRANTY
Seven-Year Major Structural Defect Coverage. In addition to the builder’s two-year warranty against major structural defects, the Warranty Program (Tarion) provides extended coverage for major structural defects in years three through seven (Paid by buyer).
All of our homes include a full basement under the entire livable area. At Sunlight Heritage Homes we believe that exceeding standards from the basement up is the place to start. All our basements are wrapped in R20 blanket insulation to provide a warmer basement (other builders may only insulate with R12, the building code minimum-value required). Basements will have a big impact on the resale value of your home and many of our customers finish their basements for additional living space.
HIGH POURED WALLS
We believe by building the strongest foundation system in the industry should only be the beginning. We exceed the minimum requirement of 15 mpa concrete using 20 mpa on all poured concrete foundation with industry leading waterproofing drainage system, based on uniquely shaped air-gap exterior membrane. This foundation treatment is a key factor in maintaining a dry basement.
HEAVY DUTY 2X6 PREMIUM EXTERIOR WALL’S
Sunlight Heritage Homes is one of the few builders that uses Premium wall studs, kiln dried 12% moisture content, as a standard. Premium wall studs contain less moisture which results in less twisting and warping and contributes to a better built home.
PEX WATER SYSTEM
Chances are considerably less of ever developing leaks with PEX vs. conventional copper and CPVC systems. PEX plumbing is also resistant to damages caused by Chlorine and is a very sanitary water system with fewer harmful toxins than copper or CPVC and practiced over 30 years in Europe.
R-22WALL & R-60 CEILING INSULATION
With today’s energy costs, the increased R Factor will save you money and help provide a more comfortable home. R values may differ depending on overall design and code requirements.
HRV provides fresh air and improved climate control, while also; saving energy by reducing heating (and cooling) requirements.
- VIP construction access during rough framing and rough in mechanical to verify locations and design details;
- Quality assurance inspection before closing and new home orientation;
- 120-day guaranteed build time from completed offer to move in - See sales representative for details.
- Custom-formed footings using 20 mpa concrete;
- Full basement with 20 mpa concrete;
- 8" poured concrete foundation walls;
- Foundation wrap with a superior drainage; membrane to protect from water penetration
- Exterior perimeter drain tile system;
- 36”x24” Basement Windows (per plan).
- On-site, stick-built construction;
- 2”x6” 16" center exterior Wall Studs;
- 16" on center interior and exterior walls;
- Strong and stable garages with osb sheeting on exterior walls;
- Metal angles at corners of walls and ceilings result in fewer drywall cracks;
- Double top plate on all exterior walls;
- 7/16” OSB roof sheathing with clips;
- 5/8" tongue-and-groove OSB subflooring glued, nailed and screwed to floor joists to reduce squeaks;
- Floor joists 12 to 16" on center with solid blocking;
- 2 x 8 header material on all bearing walls;
- 2 x 6 fascia material;
- Structurally engineered roof system (per plan);
- All OSB exterior sheathing;
- Tyvek housewrap on all exterior rim joist;
- Full 9’ standard ceiling height on main floor;
- 150 point framing inspection by our Builder;
- Metal backing boxing to get straighter drywall edges, a more airtight building envelope, better insulated walls, and less drywall cracks;
- Industry leading sump pumps sealed to keep humidity out.
WINDOWS & DOORS
Maintenance Free vinyl Jeld-Wen windows and sliding doors with screens (as per plans). Low E glass in all windows, man doors, patio doors and sidelights. Low “E” glass significantly lowers energy bills all year long.
- Internal grills in windows on front of home (Or as per plan);
- Screens for all operable windows;
- The gate way to your dream home is a steel entrance door(s) with glass (or as per plan);
- Knob entry locks;
- All entrance doors are keyed alike;
- Deadbolts on all exterior doors; Excluding patio doors;
- Aluminum garage doors (as per rendering).
- Maintenance-free exterior (as per rendering);
- Vinyl siding with 25 year warranty;
- Aluminum ventilated soffit with aluminum fascia;
- Seamless aluminum gutters and downspouts;
- Maintenance-free vinyl shutters on front of home (per elevation);
- Steep-pitched roof designs to enhance curb appeal;
- Self-sealing 30-year architectural roof shingles with ice & water shield in valleys with increased ‘blow-off’ resistance;
- All building envelope perforations, including doors and windows are fully caulked;
- Fully sodded lots including boulevards, except for treed areas;
- High quality brick veneer on main floor walls purchasers choice from samples;
- Asphalt driveway (specifications and details listed in purchase agreement)
ENERGY-EFFICIENT CONSTRUCTION AND MECHANICAL FEATURES
- Wall insulation R-22 and rim joists–insulated in R-60 ceilings;
- Full height basement insulation R20 ( to 8" above floor);
- Low E windows with argon gas significantly lowers energy bills;
- Caulking and sealant package;
- Roof overhangs with ventilated soffit;
- High 95% efficiency gas forced-air furnace, complete with high wall returns and ducts sized for future air conditioning;
- Power vented 50 gallon efficient hot water tank (rental).
SPECTACULAR INTERIOR FEATURES
- 2000 sq. ft. Décor center for designing your dream home;
- Drywall nailed, screwed 1/2” on walls and ceilings;
- Custom-textured California ceilings in hall areas;
- Garage dry-walled to OBC (excluding plans without garages);
- All interior doors are cased with colonial 2. 3/8" casing. Base boards with 3 7/8" colonial trim;
- Complete painting and natural staining (as per plan);
- Choice of one paint color throughout your home;
- Designer painted semi-gloss trim throughout home;
- Camden award winning interior doors;
- Full jambs at openings for closet doors instead of dry-walled openings;
- Balla finished hardware with privacy locks in washroom;
- Door stops at all doors;
- Wire shelf and rod in closets and linen areas (per plan);
- First floor laundry room (per design);
LUXURIOUS KITCHEN & BATH
- Custom kitchen cabinetry with matching vanities and easy-to-clean interiors purchasers choice of color and door styles;
- All cabinetry features hardware and concealed hinges;
- Granite custom-made square edged countertops in kitchen (as per standard layout);
- Laminate custom regency-edge countertops with your choice of color. One choice for both bathrooms;
- Pedestal Sink in Powder Room;
- 60/40 stainless kitchen sink (under-mount);
- Kitchen 2 speed white exhaust fan and hood vented to exterior;
- Standard height of upper cabinets is 30 inches;
- Space saving bank of drawers included in kitchen;
- Steel framed bulkheads are standard in kitchen (per plan);
- Toe kick under all kitchen cabinets and vanities;
- Mirrors above all vanities;
- Tiled bathtub and shower enclosures (per design);
- Smooth edge borders in bathrooms.
- 100-amp electrical service;
- Premium Dome lighting fixtures in every room;
- One coach light at front door;
- Garage coach lights (per plan);
- G.F.I. electrical outlet front and back or interconnected;
- All bedroom receptacles are non-arcing for maximum safety (CHILD PROOF);
- Front door bell;
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors for family safety;
- Two phone jacks in locations predetermined;
- Two cable r/I location predetermined;
- Electrical 110 outlet in garage for future door opener;
- Heavy duty stove and dryer cable;
- Exterior weatherproofing electrical receptacles at front and rear of each house connected into a ground fault interrupt safety circuit;
- Exhaust fans in all bathrooms;
- Dishwasher rough-in left in open cabinet. (Not connected at Hydro panel)
- 1 electrical outlet for laundry area and 1 for dryer outlet;
- Garage prewired for electrical garage door opener (Opener not included).
- Moen lifetime warrantable faucets;
- White bathroom fixtures, toilets and lined tanks;
- 4’ Tile shower with glass in ensuite or per plan;
- Tiled bathtub surrounds with deep tubs;
- Stainless steel kitchen sink 8” deep;
- 50-gallon rental gas water heater with pressure relief valve;
- Exterior vent for dryer;
- Single lever Moen faucets in all bathroom drains;
- All toilets are water saving, low flush;
- Scald-proof pressure balancing valves in all showers;
- Porcelain sinks in all full washrooms;
- Porcelain pedestal sinks in 2pc washrooms;
- Ceramic towel bar and tissue dispenser;
- Built in laundry hook up boxes in finished areas, where laundry tub not installed;
- Rough in dishwasher plumbing left under kitchen sink;
- Two exterior water taps, one in garage and one in location to be determined by plumber.
- Extensive choice of imported 12”x12” standard ceramic tile options in all washrooms and laundry room(s);
- Premium 40 oz. broadloom in all finished areas on second floor not covered by tile (includes basement and main floor stairs where finished (per plan);
- 8mm 4 lb. chip foam broadloom underpad;
- Laminate throughout main floor except for washrooms, bedrooms, bedroom corridor and laundry room(s) as per plan. Carpet in any additional family room and bedrooms.
- Offering optional industry leading engineered hardwood flooring with minimum expansion and contraction from season to season;
- All joints in subflooring are sanded prior to installation.
- Basement to include one 5’ patio slider and 40”x48” window slider on walk-out;
- Guards to be installed at rear doors of main floor;
- Basement walk-out exterior wall insulated with R24;
- Exterior foundation wall below basement slab foam insulation (where required by building code).
COLOR SELECTIONS & FINISHING’S
Structural upgrade features must be completed at time offer becomes firm or at décor appointment. All interior color and finishing selections are to be made from builders samples within 14 days of firm offer – no changes are permitted after color chart is submitted. The purchaser acknowledges and agrees that variations in color and shade uniformly may occur and the colors, patterns and availability of samples displayed in the sales presentation centre and model homes may vary from those displayed and available at the time of the color selection. Purchaser to have choice of color and materials available from vendor’s samples of the following unless already ordered and installed.
- Custom design your home with our designers;
- Computerized price quote with itemized breakdown;
- All plans custom drawn on our own CAD system;
- Custom built on your home site;
- Turnkey Construction;
- Personal Builder;
- Full-time homeowner service department;
- After sales service team;
- Personalized design team for your needs;
- Fully decorated and furnished model homes;
- Brand new 2,000 sq. ft. Design Living Centre (1 stop shopping for all your home needs).
- Your home will be in a move-in condition on date of closing;
- Bathtubs to be washed; kitchen cabinets to be wiped down; Floors to be broom swept; Tiled areas to be damp mopped;
- Survey on closing – paid for by Sunlight Heritage Homes;
Due to grading requirements, the back door access may have a safety block or barrier installed. Due to grading and Ontario Building code standard window wells may be required in some cases. Location of basement windows may be changed to Accommodate heating systems, lot grading and zoning requirements. The Purchaser acknowledges and agrees that there shall be no Reduction in the purchase price or credit for any standard features Listed herein which is deleted at the Purchaser's request. The Purchaser acknowledges that the Vendor will not allow the Purchaser to do any work and/or supply any material to finish Dwellings before closing date. The Purchaser acknowledges that the framing in of heating and/or plumbing pipes may result in bulkheads and boxed corners not otherwise indicated. The Purchaser acknowledges that the finishing materials contained in any model home or presentation center, including but not limited to broadloom, furniture, electrical fixtures, drapes, flooring, upgrade kitchen cabinets, staircase and railing, architectural ornamental plaster, acoustic tiled ceiling and luminous lenses, wallpaper, colored paints etc., may be for display purposes only and may not be of the same grade or type, or may not necessarily be included in the dwelling unit referred to herein.
Variations from the vendor's samples may occur in finishing materials, bathroom fixtures, kitchen and vanity cabinets and floor and wall finishes due to normal production processes. Variations in shading will occur in items provided by different manufactures for example, but not limited to, pedestal sinks and toilets, flooring, oak stairs, pickets and railing. Materials, specifications and home plans are subject to change without notice. All house renderings are artist's conceptions. All home plan measurements are approximate. Actual usable floor space may vary from stated floor areas.
- 7 years – major structural defects;
- 2 years – plumbing, heating, and electrical systems and building envelope;
- 1 year – all other items;
- Pre-delivery inspection (PDI) will be conducted by the builders’ representative and the purchaser (or designate) on or before the date of possession;
- “The Next Step” Package will be delivered to the purchaser on or before the PDI.